Helpful Moving Tips
- Prior to your move, please notify Citywide Moving Systems if your home has marble or tile flooring. If so, special boards will be needed to cover your floors. These boards helps distribute the weight evenly to prevent the floor from chipping or cracking.
- Rug runners will be placed at the entry way of the home.
- Your doors and staircases will be covered with furniture pads where needed.
- Disconnection and reconnection of major appliances and electronics are the responsibility of the shipper.
- All beds will be disassembled and reassembled. Remember, anything you do ahead of time will save you time and money.
- All furniture will be covered with furniture pads (8ft X 8ft). A rubber band is then placed around the furniture. This prevents any wood, metals or upholstery from being exposed to the walls of the truck.
- You can leave clothing only in the dresser and chest drawers. All small items must be removed (coins, pens, paper & etc.).
- Anything such as kids stuff, toys, linens, draperies and other items you don’t mind getting wrinkled, may be placed in thirty (30) gallon heavy duty trash bags. This saves you time with packing and they can be placed on the truck where boxes won’t fit.
- You can never over prepare for a move, organization is the key!
- When packing, we suggest using color coded office stickers. Place a different sticker on each box for that particular room. Place that same color sticker on a door facing or door jam at the destination. In doing this our movers can take that item to each color coded room. Again, this will save you time and money.
WE DO NOT MOVE LIVE PLANTS, FLAMMABLES OR FIREARMS. PET HOUSES HAVE TO BE PRESSURE WASHED AND DRIED BEFORE GOING ON THE TRUCK! ALL GASOLINE ITEMS ARE TO BE EMPTIED PRIOR TO YOUR MOVE!
Helpful links to give you more information about your rights when moving:
- Your Rights and Responsibilities When Moving Within North Carolina
- Your Rights and Responsibilities When Moving Interstate
- Placing a Value On Your Weight/Distance Shipment